We always worry about the safety on the Internet. However, have you ever thought about the safety of your hand-held device? Well, what if I told you that you can make your regular calls even safer and that you can do that merely by entering few codes into your cell? Those are “admin” codes for all phones. You can see whether or not your messages and info are protected and whether you are being tracked by someone.
We have found some of the most useful codes for any smartphone.
This code will show you whether your calls, messages and other data are being diverted. It will display the status of the different types of diversions and the number of the phone where all that info goes to. Thieves often go to these lengths to find out more about your habits, friends, family, where you live, what are your daily activities, and more.
You can dial this code to find out where calls, messages, and data are going to if it seems that no one can call you.
This code blocks all redirections from your phone.
This code shows your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifier). It is USEFUL to know this number if you lose your phone, or someone steals it. If your phone is switched on, its location is automatically transferred to the network operator even if the SIM card is changed. IMEI number shows the model and technical characteristics of your phone.
There are special codes that allow tracking of your location. It can also show if someone is following you. You would need utility netmonitor for this. Use the following codes:
For iPhone – *3001#12345#*
For Android – *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#197328640#*#*
– Find the section called UMTS Cell Environment and then UMTS RR info;
– Write down numbers under Cell ID – That are the basic stations that are nearest to you. Your phone connects to the one that gives the best signal.
– Go back to the Main Menu;
– Click on the MM info;
– Click on Serving PLMN;
– Write down the numbers under Local Area Code (LAC).
Use these numbers and this website to determine all the basic locations your phone is currently connected to.
The ones that are suspicious are the ones that are mobile – moving. These vehicles are often used in rock festivals or some areas where Internet signal is very weak. If some of those vehicles are around you, somebody is spying.
The virus called PlaceRaider is the most dangerous virus that can infect your android. This Trojan takes a series of photographs of your surrounding area, creates a 3D model of the building you are in, and then sends all that data along with all the data that is on your phone and all your passwords.
– Well, it is not a secret that National Security Agencies cooperate with mobile phone operators. If there is a warrant from a court, they provide all the data from the last three months (at least).
– If someone is tapping your phone, you will not notice that. Some of the hints are rapid battery loss, weak signal, and strange noise during a conversation, etc.
– Completely safe messaging apps are Telegram, Chare, Wickr, and Signal;
– Be very careful when posting photos of your family and especially your children. Why would anyone know your mobile phone number, or have any info about your family, loved ones, and your lifestyle?
– Use security locks for your phone wherever you can. Don’t click on unsafe links, and don’t connect your phone to “free” charging ports. And please don’t install every program you find.
– You see, only your operator has the right to offer you tracking services. Those websites that offer any kind of tracking are scams. Be careful where you click.